Facilities TechnicianIndependence Center
Operate and maintain the properties central plant and HVAC mechanical systems in a manner, which protects, maintains and improves the value of the owner's asset. Operate the energy management systems to maximize energy efficiency. Provide preventive, ongoing and anticipated maintenance in the central plant and entire property. Assist the Operations Manager with developing energy improvement plans for the central plant/property. Assist the Operation Manager in the implementation and monitoring of hazard control and team safety practices. Ensure compliance with local codes and regulations. Implement preventive, ongoing & anticipated maintenance/repair programs. Assist the Operations Manager in budget preparation with emphasis on minimizing expenses by efficient use of manpower and materials. Manage the operation expenses at budgeted levels
- Organizing - can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done, can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, uses resources effectively and efficiently, arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Functional/Technical Skills - has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Time Management - uses time effectively and efficiently, values time, concentrates efforts on the more important priorities, gets more done in less time than others, can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks independently.
- Teamwork - Able to work in a team atmosphere, providing support to other departments as necessary.
- Customer Service - has the interpersonal skills to provide good service to customers, contractors, vendors, and clients. Has friendly and helpful attitude.
- Problem Solving - uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Initiative - takes pro-active approach to meeting and exceeding the requirements of ownership.
- Develops best practices for operations.