HOUSING COORDINATOR I/SECTION 8Housing Authority of the City of Independence
Independence, MO Full-time
Posted on March 10, 2019
HOUSING COORDINATOR I/SECTION 8
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the admission, review and recertification of participants in the Section 8 program.
- Processes applications for Section 8 housing assistance.
- Brief applicants.
- Issue vouchers.
- Completes recertification of tenants.
- Reviews HAP and UAP reports before checks are processed and mailed.
- Prepares correspondence,reports,does data input and maintains tenant files,as required.
- Maintains knowledge of HUD requirements, directives and Federal, State and Local regulations applicable and relating to the Section 8 Housing Assistance Payment Program.
- Conducts home visits, as required.
- Performs other reasonably related duties as requested by the Housing Coordinator III.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of HUD and Housing Authority policies, rules and regulations for Section 8 housing programs and of required forms and reports.
- Knowledge of interviewing techniques and records maintenance.
- Ability to make routine decisions in accordance with administrative rules,regulations and policies and to explain those rules to prospective tenants and landlords.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors and the public.
- Ability to make moderately complex computations with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written communication.
- Ability to communicate with confidence, patience and concern.
- Ability to meet all required deadlines.
- Knowledgeofthespecialneedsandproblemsthatmaybeencounteredindealingwith special population groups, such as the elderly,disabled/handicapped,and children.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people, often under trying and stressful conditions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Basic computer skills, with a minimum typing speed of 30 words per minute.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred experience in the Housing Choice Voucher program.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must be bondable and insurable.
- Possessionofavalidmotorvehicleoperator'slicenseandabilitytolegallyoperate Housing Authority vehicles.
- Certification in Section 8 programs or ability to attain certification within one year.
- Must be willing to travel overnight for training, conferences or workshops.