Aggregate Sales Manager
The Aggregates Sales Manager will be responsible for the direct supervision and professional development of a sales team covering a territory that expands throughout central and northeast KS and the greater Kansas City area. This position will require extensive travel throughout the Area.
Responsibilities will include forecasting, planning, marketing, and selling assistance for all products in the market while focusing on growing existing and prospective customers to increase market share and improving profit margins.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, develop, and mentor the sales team to achieve annual objectives, spending necessary time in the market coaching and motivating team members.
- Identify training needs of sales team and provide environment to ensure cohesive
- Market and sell Aggregate products within the HAMM Companies’ market, and ensure that our competitive position is established, maintained and/or improved.
- Develop and drive Market Management Plans, Customer Management Plans, Competitor Analysis and bid strategies.
- Collaborate and forecast with operations and quality control ensuring proper inventory levels, product quality, submittals, and other necessary functions.
- Target new accounts and cultivate existing customers to expand our presence in the
- Build personal relationships with key decision makers at existing and potential new
- Review market conditions regularly and report on sales mix, prices, and
- Participate in sales forecasts and creating annual budgets and
- Work with customers and our credit department to optimize accounts
- Represent the company within industry
- Identify in tandem with other Managers, strategic opportunities across all our lines of
- Work closely with operations and finance to ensure effective internal
- Provide reports, data and other analysis as requested by regional
- Work to resolve customer issues, problems, and concerns in a timely and effective
- Willingness to develop industry relationships outside of normal work hours, with heavy focus in KC area
- Some overnight travel is required.
- Other duties that may be assigned.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or at least 5 years of sales experience in the construction materials industry
- At least 3 years’ experience supervising others
- At least 5 years of Aggregates and/or Sand & Gravel experience
- At least 4 years of proven, successful sales experience
- Demonstrated team leadership skills
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and critical thinking
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 1-50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Role operates primarily a professional office environment but requires conducting business at manufacturing locations and job sites where the conditions include moving mechanical equipment, inclement weather, heat, humidity, dust, and elevated noise levels.