Sr Software Engineer
Sr Software Engineer*
ONE H&R BLOCK WAY
What you'll do...
Senior Software Engineer (Kansas City, MO)
Provide technical expertise to design and develop software components and products that support H&R Block business applications. Design, develop and maintain complex software components and reusable code components. Develop reusable UI components using Angular 7, Typescript, Lodash, ES6, and SASS, and develop UI individual custom web app components with Micro Frond End framework. Lead technical design and code reviews for all new enhancements and maintenance work delivered by the development team. Maintain the code repository in GIT distributed version control. Perform requirement impact analysis and discussion with business associates for clarification and technical feasibilities. Design and develop microservices/APIs for each business capabilities/functionalities using Microsoft .NET. Perform API unit testing using Postman, and documentation of API specifications using Swagger. Provide task estimations and allocations, and validate and review the completed tasks against the given business requirements. Perform daily Agile Scrum status updates to the project management team on all team members' tasks and delivery items. Mentor and coach other team members both onsite and offshore.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Electronics Engineering or related field.
Five years IT experience to include:
- Short-term and long-range planning, systems analysis, design and development;
- Analysis of business requirements and process model documentation;
- Object oriented programming, SOLID principles and design patterns for scalability and maintainability;
- Web application development in Microsoft ASP.NET, C#, ADO.NET, MVC, Entity Framework, LINQ, XML / XSLT and MS SQL;
- Development and integration of Web Services, WCF, REST and Web API;
- Software development life cycle (SDLC);
- Agile, Iterative, Waterfall methodologies;
- Unit Testing using MS Test and MOQ mock framework; and
- TFS for source code version management.
Two years of which must include:
- Leading onsite-offshore teams;
- Debugging, bug fixing, and defect tracking using HP-ALM or JIRA tools;
- Front end unit testing using Jasmine and Karma; and
- API testing tools - SOAP UI, Postman, and Swagger.
About H&R Block...
We’re here to live our purpose—to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We’ve been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we’ve grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you’ll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company—one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
Click Apply Now to go to website and apply for the job positions.