Senior Infrastructure EngineerH & R Block
*Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Participate in developing an Enterprise approach to system specification, engineering, operational, administrative, capacity management, maintenance and support services for the H&R Block information technology infrastructure. Provide technical research and recommendations as needed to supplement the Lead and Principal Engineer and provide support in the areas of technical support escalation, operational logistics, incident and problem resolution services resulting in deployments with optimal Mean Time to Restore (MTTR) and Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) characteristics. Participate in the engineering and deployment planning of infrastructure systems for IT and business customers. Contribute to the proactive identification of automation opportunities in workflow, electronic information availability, and new systems management tools. Proactively engage as the Tier 2 escalation point to satisfy requests for new applications or functionality or resolve system, software or hardware deficiencies in existing systems.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or a related field. Employer will accept a Bachelor’s equivalent based on a combination of education, training and experience as determined by a professional evaluation service.
- Six years of experience in IT infrastructure engineering to include:
- Inter-operational relationships of various infrastructure components, such as server systems, storage technology, network technology, information security and application tools.
- Server infrastructure and Server systems design, capacity planning, operations methodology, error detection and resolution techniques.
- Windows Servers, MS Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP
- Managing and configuring windows servers 2008 R2, 2012 R2
- VMware, ESXi, vCenter, Horizon View
- Server Hardware management with Cisco UCS Systems and HP ProLiant Servers
- Microsoft Clustering, Windows Fail-over clustering, SQL AlwaysOn Clustering
- PowerShell, PowerCLi, PowerShell DSC, Cisco Powertool
- Microsoft Azure cloud services and the cloud ecosystem
- Microsoft Azure Automation and configuration management using Terraform
- Automating Server configuration using VSTS/ Azure DevOps
- HP-SIM, SCOM, SCCM, packaging methodology, and WMI
- Backup management, Disaster Recovery, patch management and hot fixes
- Enterprise system monitoring, log management, capacity management and event analysis
- ITIL /ITSM process and procedure
About H&R Block...
H&R Block’s purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We’ve been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we’ve grown to have approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it’s how determined, forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our leadership is. We believe it’s all those things, and much more.
To Apply please visit us at: