Scheduling and Event Coordinator
Scheduling and Event Coordinator
The George Mason University, Office of University Branding is looking for qualified candidates for a Scheduling and Event Coordinator.
The Scheduling and Event Coordinator will work with the University Events team to manage and facilitate events for both on and off-campus constituencies. Personal integrity is essential, along with a commitment to the goals and objectives of the Office of University Branding and George Mason University.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
This position is responsible for scheduling and coordinating events on primarily the Fairfax campus for the departments, faculty, staff and greater Mason community; provide event coordination and scheduling information to the Student Center Operations; work closely with department stakeholders; provide logistical guidance for major events; confer with clients about best practices with space requests; provide information on how and where to acquire needed University services; and assist with assigned tasks given by the Managers of Events and Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing or related field required, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to write clearly and accurately;
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse audience including alumni, donors, faculty, staff, students and the university community;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, 25live (resource 25) and outlook calendar system along with the ability to quickly adapt to other internal software training;
- Outstanding organizational skills, accuracy, attention to detail, prioritize multiple tasks and the ability to work well within deadlines;
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot problems independently and perform duties with changing priorities and under hectic circumstances;
- Ability to work nights and weekends;
- Must have a valid driver’s license; Must currently possess an appropriate, active, valid motor vehicle operator’s license that meets all of GMU’s requirements for operating state vehicles and equipment under Mason’s Vehicle Use Policy 1411 https://universitypolicy.gmu.edu/policies/vehicle-use/. The Office of Risk Management reserves the right to review the driver’s licenses and Motor Vehicle Reports (MVRs) of all candidates selected with employment contingent upon a favorable review; and
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team player within University Events as a representative of the university.
Professional experience in meeting/event coordination preferably in higher education. Or related experience in an association, corporate or industry related environment preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02631z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/ complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.