Mobile PhlebotomistGAMMA HEALTHCARE INC
Kansas City, MO Full-time
Posted on July 10, 2018
Travels to different client facilities to draw blood from patients for analysis or other medical purposes by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assembles equipment such as tourniquet, needles, disposable containers for needles, blood collection devices, gauze, cotton, and alcohol on work tray according to requirements for specified tests or procedures.
- Ensures that all required fields are filled out on the lab requisition.
- Verifies or records the identity of patient or donor and converses with patient or donor to allay fear of procedure.
- Applies the tourniquet to arm, locates an accessible vein, swabs puncture area with antiseptic, and inserts a needle into vein to draw blood into collection tube or bag.
- Withdraws needle, applies treatment to puncture site, and labels and stores blood container for subsequent processing.
- Pricks finger to draw blood.
- Maintain a neat and orderly Fleet vehicle (if applicable).
- Complete all paperwork daily.