Speech-Language Pathologist for the 2023/24 School Year
Job Title: Speech-Language Pathologist (2023/24 School Year)
Qualifications: Kansas Department of Aging and Disability Services Speech Language Pathologist License
Master’s Degree in Speech Pathology/Communication Disorders
Reports to: Building Principal and Director of Special Services
FLSA Status: Exempt- Salaried
Salary Range: $47,000 - $85,000 / per year.
- Instruct special education students in a variety of settings as indicated by the IEP team.
- Attend and participate in team planning.
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of students while in school.
- Develop and implement Individual Education Plans.
- Hold annual IEP meetings and 3-year re-evaluation meetings.
- Collect data on IEP objectives for quarterly IEP progress reports.
- Communicate with parents as necessary.
- Administer appropriate tests.
- Supervise the delivery of special education services by assigned para-educators.
- Collaborate with other teachers on students, curriculum, and scheduling.
- Make curriculum adaptations for special education students in general education classes.
- May need to travel using personal transportation.
- Maintain professional skills by attending sta? development activities.
- Regular and routine attendance at work.
Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to enter data into a computer, to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids
- Ability to hear and understand speech at normal classroom levels, outdoors, and on the telephone
- Ability to speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in normal classrooms, outdoors, and on the telephone
- Physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds to shoulder height and 50 pounds to waist height
- Ability to bend, stoop, sit on the floor, climb stairs, walk and reach overhead
Terms of Employment: 187-day contract under the Fort Leavenworth Negotiated Agreement
Evaluation: Performance evaluations in accordance with the Board’s policy and the Fort Leavenworth Negotiated Agreement
The successful candidate must hold or be eligible for certification in Speech-Language Pathology in Kansas.
Ft Leavenworth USD 207 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training or promoting on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status under local, state or federal law.