Licensed Behavior Analyst-BCBA
Licensed Behavior Analyst-BCBA for the 2023/24 School Year
Licensed Behavior Analyst-BCBA
(2023/24 School Year)
Purpose: This professional position will serve and support special education and general education teachers, IEP teams, general education intervention teams, students, and families. A successful candidate will be knowledgeable in applied behavior analysis and have experience carrying out behavior intervention and curriculum programs for students with disabilities.
Responsibility to: Director of Special Education/Special Services, Building Principals
FLSA Status: Exempt, Salaried
- Valid Kansas Behavior Analysts Licenses (LBA)
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Psychology, Special Education or related Human Service Field
- Knowledge of the federal, state, local legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures that mandate and guide behavior therapy practices
- Ability to interpret evaluation data and write a comprehensive report
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate respectively and compassionately to a child and their family
- Ability to document in accordance with professional standards and state and local guidelines
- A high level of professionalism and decorum.
- Highly organized and detail orientated
- A valid driver's license.
- Health and Inoculation Certificate on file in the District Office (after an employment offer is made).
- The desire to continue career improvement by enhancing skills and job
Preferred qualifications include:
- One year of experience in an education setting
- Experience working directly with children with disabilities
- At least 1 year of experience in an education setting is preferred.
- Work one-on-one with students in Pre-K through 9th grades
- Attend and participate in IEP team and General Education Intervention meetings as necessary and requested
- Assist in the development of appropriate instructional materials to support social, behavioral, and communication goals and expectations
- Use principles of Applied Behavior Analysis to help students socially, academically, and behaviorally
- Ensure behavioral strategies are implemented consistently and accurately across all educational settings
- Ensure that all team members demonstrate proficiency in using applied behavior analysis by communicating and meeting regularly with staff, supervisors, and directors
- Participate in developing data taking mechanisms and reporting strategies
- Collect and accurately record behavioral, social, academic, and other data as required per student’s specific IEP goals and programming
- Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of treatment programs and communicate with the student’s team.
- Participate in presenting student data during staffing and IEP meetings.
- Ensure all required paperwork is neat and completed in a timely manner
- Ensure student and environmental safety at all times
- Ensure effective communication between home and school
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods
- Ability to enter data into a computer, to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids
- Ability to hear and understand speech at normal classroom levels, outdoors, and on the telephone
- Ability to speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in standard classrooms, outdoors, and on the telephone
- Working in various weather and temperate conditions from freezing to high heat.
- Physical ability to lift up to 25 pounds to shoulder height and 50 pounds to waist height
- Ability to bend, stoop, sit on the floor, climb stairs, walk and reach overhead
Contract Period: 196 Duty Days, Classified Position not within the Bargaining Unit
Evaluation: Performance effectiveness will be evaluated following Kansas Statutes and Board of Education Policy provisions.
Ft Leavenworth USD 207 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training or promoting on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, veterans status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status under local, state or federal law.