Engineering Technician - Hiring Event October 20th
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20TH 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Flowers Baking Company of Lenexa
JOB FAIR LOCATION
Holiday Inn & Suites
8787 Reeder St., Overland Park, KS 66214
Please come prepared with a resume!
Full time 2nd & 3rd Shifts
Medical, Dental, Vision Starts at 31 days. We also offer company Match 401K. Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays.
Submit applications online prior to event
Call 913-374-8013 if you have any questions.
Please bring a face mask and come prepared to social distance.
Engineering Technician *New Hire Bonus*
Engineering technicians perform scheduled as well as unscheduled maintenance tasks. They must possess strong electrical and mechanical skills in order to support the production technician in maintaining an efficient operation. It is necessary for him/her to be in possession of or capable of acquiring licenses required by city or state to work with boilers, refrigeration and various other job related equipment. Engineering technicians must have the aptitude and desire for continued training because of on-going technological improvements. Technicians must be flexible and adaptable as they will be required to perform job assignments throughout the facility. In addition, it is the responsibility of the technician to contribute to maintaining a safe work environment for themselves and their fellow technicians. Position requires proficiency in the use of Enterprise software including data input, data retrieval, reporting, and other functions as instructed Position requires demonstration of competency for all on-th-job activities that may have a direct or indirect affect on product safety, legality and/or quality. Position ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures (EEO, Sexual Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.). Position performs other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures
Position Responsibilities/Major Duties
- Performs assigned preventative maintenance tasks.
- Performs scheduled maintenance on plant equipment and machinery.
- Responds to and corrects equipment stoppage/mechanical breakdown. Troubleshoots (when necessary). Repairs/replaces worn/defective parts, motors, control devices, etc.
- Operates machine shop equipment, hand tools, power hand tools, and makes required parts when necessary.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area.
- Position requires ability to act as a member of a highly functioning team.
- Practices and complies with all Company policies and procedures including safety and work rules, etc.
- Performs other duties as directed by supervision.
- Two (2) or more years experience as a technician and/or formal training or experience.
- Experience in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning; welding, electronics, electrical repairs, industrial equipment installations, alignment, start-up repairs, etc.
High School diploma or GED plus:successful completion of a 6-9 month vocational/technical degree (i.e., HVAC, auto maintenance/repair, or similar program) or, equivalent military training or, successful completion of at least 45 college credit hours may be substituted for vocational/technical training, or completion of the AIB “Science of Baking” correspondence course.
NEW HIRE BONUS
New Hire bonus of up to $3,000 available, amount determined based on experience and qualifications. Half of bonus is payable after completion of 90 days of continuous, active employment. Remaining half is payable after completion of 6 months of continuous, active employment. Employee will receive a tax gross-up. Signing bonus is for external new hires only.
This position will be assigned to a second or third shift and weekend availability is required.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent total rewards package. Please reply by 10/28/2021. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
Future employment is contingent upon the successful completion of pre-employment screening, including drug test.