Temp Program Specialist (530554)
Temp Program Specialist
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
The Herbert Wertheim College Of Medicine is currently seeking a Program Specialist to join their team of professionals.
- Assist in the planning and execution of special projects within the department, ensuring successful project delivery and timely completion.
- Assist with the collection and organization of student evaluations for faculty, and provide comprehensive assistance in the promotions process for faculty.
- Support department leadership by conducting thorough literature searches, compiling relevant research materials, and assisting in the development of PowerPoint presentations.
- Assist with conducting research that will contribute to the development of promotion criteria for departmental faculty, ensuring that the criteria is aligned with institutional goals.
- Assist with the management of administrative tasks, including scheduling meetings and taking meeting minutes.
- Maintain accurate records, files, and documentation related to departmental activities.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of departmental communications and announcements.
- High school diploma or GED and six (6) years of office or related experience coordinating functions of an office or department
- Advanced proficiency of Microsoft Office Suites.
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to take direction and work independently as needed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with highly sensitive information
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID 530554.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.