Live Event Video Coordinator - 528805
Live Event Video Coordinator - 528805
Florida International University is Miami’s public research university, focused on student success. According to U.S. News and World Report, FIU has 42 top-50 rankings in the nation among public universities. FIU is a top U.S. research university (R1), with more than $200 million in annual expenditures. FIU ranks 15th in the nation among public universities for patent production, which drives innovation, and is one of the institutions that helps make Florida the top state for higher education. The Next Horizon fundraising campaign is furthering FIU’s commitment to providing students Worlds Ahead opportunities. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers, and supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA, with more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. The university has awarded more than 330,000 degrees to many leaders in South Florida and beyond. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
For further information or to apply online visit our website at careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID # 528805
Responsible for the production of all live streamed events for FIU Athletics, including the management of assigned staff as appropriate.
- Collaborates with other areas of the external team (communications, marketing, creative content, sales) to generate greater awareness of the FIU Athletics brand through live productions.
- Provides supervision, training, and support to student staff and contracted vendors where appropriate.
- Responsible for the execution of live and recorded coaches shows, in-game video board production, and assisting with creative video productions.
- Produces and delivers all creative video content for weekly highlights using appropriate video editing platforms.
- Assists with all aspects of video production including booking camera crews and talent, location management, and coordinating post-production services
- Collaborates with the Division of Strategic Communications, Government and External Affairs on all collateral and marketing material to preserve brand standards (publications, marketing, multimedia/video and social media).
- Maintains public relations with the University community, South Florida, the entire state of Florida and the nation. Represents the University, Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Media Relations Department at professional meetings.
- Adheres to all State of Florida, University, NCAA, Conference USA and department rules and policies pertaining to the position of Assistant Sports Information Director. Reports any known NCAA violations or concerns to the Director of Athletic Compliance and be responsible for the monitoring of any subordinate as it relates to NCAA regulations.
- Procures game operations personnel for events. Assists in coordinating details for media coverage of home events. Travels to designated away events as needed.
- Maintains frequent contact with all head coaches, the Senior Associate AD, Brand Advancement and other administrators, as well as the greater University. Maintains flexibility and sensitivity to establish and maintain necessary rapport with all levels of personnel and external constituencies.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Bachelor's degree and one (1) year of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and related experience..
- $40,000 - $45,000
- Criminal Background Check
- Driver's License Check
- Fingerprinting Check
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Ability to work occasional evenings, weekends and at locations outside of the University
Florida Statute 1010.35 - Screening Foreign Researchers
Pursuant to Florida law, any citizen of a foreign county who is not a permanent resident of the U.S., or who is a citizen or permanent resident but is affiliated with or has had at least 1 year of employment or training in China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, or Syria is subject to additional screening. Applicants meeting those criteria will be required to provide the following information in the application: every institution of higher education attended; all previous employment since the applicant’s 18th birthday; list of all published material, current and pending research funding from any source, including details about the research, your role, funding source, and amount; list and description of any non-university professional activities; any affiliation with an institution or program in a foreign country; a complete copy of your passport; the most recently submitted DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application).
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status