Clinical IT Field Analyst II (528311)
Clinical IT Field Analyst II (528311)
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Clinical IT Field Analyst II to join our team of professionals.
- Provides overall classroom Audio-Visual (AV) and technology support to ensure systems and equipment are functioning at an optimal level.
- Provides support and troubleshooting for AV systems (including Crestron, Polycom, VBrick, EMS) in learning facilities (classrooms and simulation center) and conference rooms.
- Performs setup and operations of sound and multimedia systems for events.
- Edits course capture video and publishes to the end users within established timeframe.
- Uploads and updates course content to the learning management system within established timeframe.
- Identifies issues and trends; escalates issues as appropriate for timely resolution.
- Performs equipment testing and systems training for end users and other IT staff members.
- Works with consultants and vendors for escalated troubleshooting efforts and parts replacements.
- Performs computing equipment (desktop, laptop, peripherals, etc.) setup and deployment at local and remote sites.
- Troubleshoots, installs, upgrades, maintains and repairs computing equipment hardware and software issues, including connectivity problems.
- Works with COM IT Ticketing system to create, track, manage, and report on help desk tickets based on established time frame.
- Communicates with end users to identify, explain, and resolve issues; Organizes work based on established priorities with little to no supervision.
- Provides training to users as needed to educate users on use of system or application as needed.
- Develops and provides documentation.
- Works off hours as needed to maintain AV systems uptime and operational continuity.
- Provides assistance during exam administrations.
- Performs essential duties in any emergencies such as hurricanes, public health emergencies, and/or any other university emergency closing. The employee is expected to be available to report to work as needed during university emergency closing with appropriate notification of a department administrator.
- Provides technical support to computers that access FBI's Criminal Justice Information Service (CJIS) data which is protected and confidential information. Employee does not have direct access to CJIS data. May be exposed to data while providing technical support to employees who works with CJIS data on their computer.
- Performs related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and three (3) years of IT experience, OR an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
Proficiency in successfully and efficiently supporting classroom or equivalent integrated A/V systems.
- Experience with operational support and troubleshooting for Crestron systems.
- Experience with learning management systems. (i.e. Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle).
- Experience with AV editing and course capture software.
- Working knowledge of operation of audio visual systems.
- Working knowledge and experience with configuring and troubleshooting current Windows and Apple operating systems.
- Experience with desktop and laptop hardware installs for Lenovo, Dell, Mac. Working knowledge of LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS
- Ability to learn new technologies in order to support, diagnose, and teach others. Working knowledge of industry standard concepts, best practices, and procedures.
- Ability to document existing and new processes
- Experience with working in academic environment
- Experience with working in a team-based fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Experience using an automated ticketing system for service request reporting, tracking, escalation, and closing tickets
$45,000 - $50,000
To apply, please visit us on-line at https://hr.fiu.edu/careers/, click on “Prospective Employees” or “Current Employees” and search for job opening ID 528311.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.