Business Development Officer
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
An outstanding opportunity exists for a Business Development Officer for the Economic Development Corporation of Kansas City, Missouri. The EDC – KC has undergone a complete reorganization in conjunction with an aggressive strategic plan.
Kansas City, Missouri is undergoing a remarkable economic development renaissance. Over $3 billion in new construction is completed and underway in downtown alone and new development opportunities abound.
A Business Development Officer provides site selection, local and state business incentives, governmental ombudsman services, and financing options to existing KCMO businesses and companies seeking to relocate to the city.
The qualified candidate must have excellent communication skills, both for verbal and written presentations. Knowledge of City and Missouri incentive programs, familiarity with the Kansas City economy, Kansas City business associations, real estate practices, and finances are emphasized. A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of direct economic development experience are required. Kansas City, Missouri residency, or a willingness to relocate is a requirement.
Essential Job Functions:
- Contact and create relationships with Kansas City companies in the assigned territory via phone calls,
e-mail, and meetings to determine the companies’ needs for local, regional, or state assistance.
- Partner with and assist local industry associations to improve industry competitiveness and improve the
climate for growth and development in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Promote and coordinate the use of local and state business incentives to aid in business expansion
and business recruitment in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Coordinate with the Kansas City Area Development Council, Missouri Department of Economic
Development, and other strategic partners in business retention, growth, and recruitment activities.
- Maintain a current and deep understanding of local and state incentives.
- Ability to identify other resources beyond the standard incentives.
- Write reports, proposals, and fill out applications.
- Perform other technical duties as assigned.
Join the new EDC, a dynamic organization on the move, by submitting your resume including salary requirements to T’Risa McCord, Economic Development Corporation.
The deadline to receive your information is by July 8, 2020.