Health Information ManagerCommunity HealthCare System
Onaga, KS Full-time
Posted on July 8, 2018
- Develop, implement and maintain departmental and system-wide policies and procedures for coding, abstracting, chart assembly, transcription, to include but is not limited to continuing quality improvement.
- Generate reports that indicate compliance with accuracy and production standards noted above and take corrective when the standard is not met.
- Ensure compliance with established policies and procedures through backend audits and reviews providing feedback, additional training and/or education as needed.
- Develop and maintain skills as a super user of Electronic Medical Record.
- Develop and provide training in these two systems as changes take place.
- Develop measures to determine compliance with new procedures and take corrective action when compliance standards are not met.
- Identify training needs and opportunities outside of Electronic Health Record.
- Develop training materials and deliver them.
- Develop benchmarks for compliance and take corrective action as needed.
- Monitor staff productivity and performance and report to executive management through quality improvement initiatives.
- Hire, supervise and provide developmental coaching for department staff.
- Provide back up as needed during staff absences.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures that assure the privacy/security of patient health information including HIPAA compliance.
- Develop, implement and maintain HIPAA/HITECH action compliant procedures and standards for the timely release of patient information in response to requests and subpoenas.
- Generate reports that indicate compliance with standards and take corrective action when the standard is not met.
- Develop, implement and maintain procedures to generate appeal letters for denied claims including involvement of providers and Business Office as needed.
- Generate reports that indicate compliance with procedure and results of appeals to use as a basis for modifying practice and procedures.
- Supports and abides by the mission, values, and policies of CHCS in all activities. On-going compliance with CHCS educational requirements.
- All other duties as required. RHIT or RHIA Required.