Web Specialist - Information TechnologyCity of Lee's Summit
December 1, 2017
Hiring range begins low $40’s annually DOQ plus an excellent benefit package.
This position will provide assistance with the City Internet/Intranet sites by performing technical tasks involving systems analysis, research, design, basic programming, testing and maintenance of web-based applications and content management systems. This includes, performing tasks associated with design, creation and implementation of new Web pages and sites; migrating legacy information to the Web and performing day-to-day administration of the organization web application portfolio. Duties of the Web Specialist also include, but are not limited to:
- Performs day to day administration of content management systems and end-user security.
- Applies approved updates with direction of the Web Administrator and maintains City web sites systems, servers and core applications.
- Resolves web site/application problems; escalate/coordinate complex issues/problems to higher level for action.
- Creates graphics and manipulate photos for the Web sites; optimize images and graphics files.
- Monitors, analyzes and reports on web site traffic patterns.
Minimum requirements include one year experience serving as the Web Developer for a corporate, government, nonprofit or similar website required; one year of experience in application programming/development strongly preferred; and a two year degree in Web Development, Web Programming, Graphics/Web Development, Web Applications Developer, Visual Communications, Marketing, or closely related field is strongly preferred.
How to apply
An application form must be completed (please include detailed resume). Click here to download the Application Form. You can also obtain an application from Human Resources. The Application can either be faxed, mailed, or delivered in person.
City of Lee's Summit
220 SE Green
Lee's Summit, MO 64063