FIREFIGHTERCITY OF KANSAS CITY, MO
“One Team, One Job, One Mission”
Application Deadline Date: March 8, 2019
Job Opening ID# 510567
Starting Salary: $3,130/month (hourly rate varies based on assigned schedule)
The KCMO Fire Department is now accepting Firefighter applications.
Minimum eligibility requirements are:
- You must be a KCMO resident who lives within KCMO city limitsat time of application and appointment.
- You must be 18 years of age by March 8, 2019.
- You must not have turned 30 years of age prior to March 8, 2019.
- You must be a high school graduate (or possess a state-issued GED/HiSET).UPDATE: Now conditionally accepting May/June 2019 graduates.*
- You must possess a valid driver’s license at time of application and appointment.*
Minorities, women, active military personnel are encouraged to apply.
Applications can be submitted online at www.kcmo.gov/careers.
Hard copy applications can be picked up and submitted at City of KCMO, Human Resources Dept., 414 E. 12th St., 12th Floor, KCMO, between 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. CST.
Hard copy applications can also be picked up at Fire Headquarters, 635 Woodland, Suite 2100, KCMObetween 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. CST, but CANNOT be submitted at this location.
*Information must be clearly specified in application materials. If applying online, be sure to enter driver’s license information. Making a copy and attaching to your application materials is also advised.
For more informatioFn, visit www.kcmo.gov/careers or call (816)513-4697 or (816)513-1903.
After review of applications, applicants must pass the Entry-Level exam to move forward in the process.