City of Kansas City, Missouri
AVIATION DEPARTMENT JOB FAIR
Saturday, September 11, 2021, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Administration Building, 601 Brasilia Avenue
The following positions are available:
Airport Police Officer - $2715+/mo ($15.66-$31.11/hr without a Missouri POST A certification; $18.46-$31.11/hr with Missouri POST A certification)
Airport Security Dispatcher - $2610+/ mo ($15.06-$24.31/hr)
Building Maintenance Worker - $2568+/mo. ($14.82-$23.16/hr)
Bus Operator - $2568+/mo. ($14.82-$23.16/hr)
Fleet Maintenance Technician $3574+/mo ($20.62-$26.86/hr)
Maintenance Electrician- $3161+/mo ($18.24-$29.44/hr)
Maintenance Mechanic - $2885+/mo. ($16.64-$26.86/hr)
Maintenance Repairer - $2568+/mo, ($14.82-$23.16/hr)
Please visit www.kcmo.gov/careers for full listing.
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WITH YOU TO THE JOB FAIR:
- Valid driver’s license or CDL
- Copy of State-issued GED (if required)
- Social Security Card
- Copy of P.O.S.T. (Class A) certificate required for Police Officer positions
- Copy of criminal history and background checks
Be prepared to complete application and interview on-site. Applications may be obtained and completed prior to the job fair from the Human Resources Department on the 12 th floor of City Hall and at the Aviation Department, 601 Brasilia, KCI Airport or at kcmo.gov/careers. Preference will be given to KC Residents the day of Job Fair.
- All positions require criminal background checks and drug screens, which will be conducted onsite. Must remain onsite for the entire process.
- Successful completion of a physical examination is required as a condition of employment (will be scheduled at a later date if required).
- All positions require successful completion of a 10-year FAA background check
- Permanent full-time positions include a comprehensive benefits package including pension.
- Free parking is available. For information on public transportation, call The Metro at 221-0660.
- Non-residents, if appointed, must establish residency within the city limits of KCMO within 9 months.
- For additional information, contact Employee Management Division, Aviation Department, 816-243-3010.
- The City of Kansas City, Missouri, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
- Eligible applicants will only be considered for positions within the Aviation Department.
- May be required to have a negative COVID-19 test result within 7 days of the hire date from the most recent test result. Having a positive result at any point for any current or potential employee will have no impact on employment status nor employment offer.