IRS Contractor Clerical Support - Hiring Event
OGDEN, UT: On-the-Spot Hiring for
IRS Contractor Clerical Support
Join us next week for in-person and virtual interviews for IRS Clerical Support.
These are full-time, swing shift positions located at the
IRS Submission Processing Center in Ogden, UT.
Job offers will be made on-the-spot!
Hours: Full-time, Monday-Friday, 4:00 pm - 12:30 AM
Benefits: Healthcare (medical, dental, vision), paid vacation, $1,000 in retention bonuses, and employer-paid life insurance
“To register for these events and for additional details, click here.”
Tuesday, June 21st, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Utah Department of Workforce Services - CLEARFLIED
1290 E 1450 S, Clearfield, UT 84015
Click here to register: https://indeedhi.re/3MZ3hLz.
Wednesday, June 22nd, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Utah Department of Workforce Services - OGDEN
480 27th Street, Ogden, UT 84401
Click here to register: https://indeedhi.re/3tIMsxI.
Thursday, June 23rd, 1pm – 6pm
Click here to register: https://indeedhi.re/3MSeiOx.
For additional updates on hiring events and positions available in your area, click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/3HvLudK.
Clerical Support - Swing Shift, Ogden, UT
Cherokee Nation Federal Consulting (CNFC) is a tribal owned 8(a) company with a rapid and responsive team of asset management professionals who are poised to meet the strict demands of federal clients. Our seasoned professionals bring, a unique blend of consulting, program management, and hands-on operational experience to our customers.
Through our comprehensive asset management approach, we stand ready to help our clients own, operate, maintain, and dispose of their investments from the largest facilities to the smallest pieces of equipment, and everything in between, in a fully transparent and auditable manner. CNFC is day-one ready and the ideal choice to execute the mission at hand. Put Cherokee Nation Federal Consulting to work for you.
Cherokee Nation Federal Consulting (CNFC) is part of Cherokee Federal – a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies focused on building solutions, solving complex challenges, and serving the nation’s mission around the globe for more than 60 federal clients. For more information, visit cherokee-federal.com.
Provide office support by performing data entry and clerical work requiring application of various work methods and procedures, and familiarity with departmental functions, policies, and practices. **Shift is 5 PM to 1:30 AM M-F**
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform Original Entry and/or Data verification functions on Information Returns on the SCRIPS system as well as minor transcription of information into a computer program
- Input data into an inventory tracking system and input entity changes, such as name and address changes, on a computer system
- Process requests for a variety of products such as transcripts and utilize automated tools on a computer system
- Perform general clerical work including filing, sorting, batching, or grouping documents.
- Extracts mail from incoming deliveries
- Retrieve documents from files, file documents, associate documents with existing files.
- Stamp documents with information such as received dates and numbers
- Prepare documents for scanning according to instructions including but not limited to carefully removing all staples from the document, and repairing rips, tears, or large holes
- Prepare paper tax returns for numbering and transcription, pen and ink changes on paper returns as well as other job-related duties as assigned
- Create, implement, and educate managers and employees on company policies/procedures and other HR programs. Assists in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Drive the performance management and talent development processes to promote a high-performance culture. Develops content, training materials, communication plans and project plans
- Reduce legal risks and ensures compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Proactively identify opportunities and assesses improvements to the employee experience and partners with program management to develop and implement innovative and lasting solutions. Leads the implementation of business solutions
- Build and maintain close working relationships with other HR colleagues, Finance, Legal, etc. to leverage their support to execute on HR strategy and business operations.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- No supervisory/management authority.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A High School Diploma
- A total of one (1) year of previous clerical, office or other work related to the listed duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to type 25 words per minute and be proficient in ten-key entry.
- Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft systems.
- Ability to maintain established records and files.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and to request clarification when needed.
- The Following Federal Regulations need to be met:
- Must be Federal tax compliant having both filed and paid any taxes due in a timely manner or be on an approved payment plan with the IRS and be current with payments.
- Must have an acceptable FBI criminal history fingerprint and name check.
- Must have two forms of identification from the Form I-9 to complete a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process
- All males born after 1959 must be compliant with Selective Service Registration law.
- Must consent to credit history check resulting in acceptable determination by the Government.
- Must complete Standard Form (SF) 85 and Optional Form (OF) 306 questions 1, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16 and 17a via eQIP for Government review.
- The ability to successfully pass a federal background check and drug screen as a condition of employment
- Work is primarily performed in a climate-controlled office setting.
- 5:00 PM and 1:30 AM with a pay differential
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Cherokee Federal is a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses, the economic engine of Cherokee Nation, the largest Native American tribe in the U.S. As a trusted partner, the Cherokee Federal team of companies manages nearly 2,000 projects of all sizes across the construction, engineering and manufacturing and mission solutions portfolios – ranging from advanced data analytics and telehealth to cybersecurity, cloud and logistics.
Since 2012, our team of companies has won $6 billion in government contracts and completed more than 5,300 federal missions. Our 3,600+ employees work in 20+ countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories.
Why Cherokee Federal? Visit cherokee-federal.com to learn why you should join our team!
Pursuant to U.S. Presidential Executive Order 14042, Cherokee Federal is now requiring that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8th and going forward. Prospective employees will fall under this requirement and proof of vaccination will be required for on-boarding, should you be selected. Limited exemptions for religious or medical reasons will be considered.
TEMPORARY NOTE: On Tuesday, Dec. 7, a federal judge issued an injunction blocking President Joe Biden’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate for federal contractors (EO 14042). Cherokee Federal is monitoring the court case and awaiting a final ruling. As a result of the injunction, Cherokee Federal is halting the enforcement of the mandate, however, if the injunction is lifted and the mandate remains, Cherokee Federal must reenact its vaccine requirement.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status or for inquiring about, discussing, or disclosing compensation.. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status. Please do not send email request pertaining to recruiting as this email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time Tuesdays – Thursdays from 10:00am – 2:00pm CST to make applicable Affirmative Action Plans accessible. Please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2021 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com.