IRS Contractor Clerical Support - Hiring Event
KANSAS CITY, MO: On-the-Spot Hiring for
IRS Contractor Clerical Support (Day Shift)
Cherokee Federal - Kansas City, MO
Hiring Event Details
Offers on the spot
1:00 PM - 7:00 PM US/Central
1:00 PM - 7:00 PM US/Central
770 W 47th St
Kansas City, MO 64112
**Shift is on-site in Kansas City, MO, 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday- Friday**
Provide office support by performing data entry and clerical work requiring application of various work methods and procedures, and familiarity with departmental functions, policies, and practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform Original Entry and/or Data verification functions on Information Returns on the SCRIPS system as well as minor transcription of information into a computer program
- Input data into an inventory tracking system and input entity changes, such as name and address changes, on a computer system
- Process requests for a variety of products such as transcripts and utilize automated tools on a computer system
- Perform general clerical work including filing, sorting, batching, or grouping documents.
- Extracts mail from incoming deliveries
- Retrieve documents from files, file documents, associate documents with existing files.
- Stamp documents with information such as received dates and numbers
- Prepare documents for scanning according to instructions including but not limited to carefully removing all staples from the document, and repairing rips, tears, or large holes
- Prepare paper tax returns for numbering and transcription, pen and ink changes on paper returns as well as other job-related duties as assigned
- Create, implement, and educate managers and employees on company policies/procedures and other HR programs. Assists in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Drive the performance management and talent development processes to promote a high-performance culture. Develops content, training materials, communication plans and project plans
- Reduce legal risks and ensures compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Proactively identify opportunities and assesses improvements to the employee experience and partners with program management to develop and implement innovative and lasting solutions. Leads the implementation of business solutions
- Build and maintain close working relationships with other HR colleagues, Finance, Legal, etc. to leverage their support to execute on HR strategy and business operations
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- No supervisory/management authority
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A High School Diploma
- A total of one (1) year of previous clerical, office or other work related to the listed duties
- Other applicable roles/job experience includes, but is not limited to: administrative assistant, administrative specialist, executive assistant, secretary, receptionist, office assistant, front desk, data analyst, file clerk, data entry specialist, data entry operator
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to type 25 words per minute and be proficient in ten-key entry
- Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft systems
- Ability to maintain established records and files
- Must have good organizational skills
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and to request clarification when needed
The Following Federal Regulations need to be met:
- Must be Federal tax compliant having both filed and paid any taxes due in a timely manner or be on an approved payment plan with the IRS and be current with payments
- Must have an acceptable FBI criminal history fingerprint and name check
- Must have two forms of identification from the Form I-9 to complete a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process
- All males born after 1959 must be compliant with Selective Service Registration law
- Must consent to credit history check resulting in acceptable determination by the Government
- Must complete Standard Form (SF) 85 and Optional Form (OF) 306 questions 1, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16 and 17a via eQIP for Government review
- The ability to successfully pass a federal background check and drug screen as a condition of employment
- Work is primarily performed in a climate-controlled office setting
- Shift is from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Kansas City - Internal Revenue Submission Processing Center, 333 W. Pershing, Kansas City, MO 64108 US
- 2 Forms of ID
- College transcripts (if applicable)
Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza sits off West 47th Street and Summit Street.
Need assistance with directions? Call +1 816-931-4400.
On-site parking is available and complimentary.
Cherokee Federal is a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses, the economic engine of Cherokee Nation, the largest Native American tribe in the U.S. As a trusted partner, the Cherokee Federal team of companies manages nearly 2,000 projects of all sizes across the construction, engineering and manufacturing and mission solutions portfolios – ranging from advanced data analytics and telehealth to cybersecurity, cloud and logistics.
Since 2012, our team of companies has won $6 billion in government contracts and completed more than 5,300 federal missions. Our 3,600+ employees work in 20+ countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories.
Why Cherokee Federal? Visit cherokee-federal.com to learn why you should join our team!
- Snacks and refreshments