Office ManagerBlue Ridge Presbyterian Church
Office Manager Job Description
Blue Ridge Presbyterian Church June 1, 2018
The Office Manager is the organizational and communication hub of the church. They work 28 hours a week, Monday thru Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and report directly to the Pastor. The Office Manager has the following responsibilities, some of which may be delegated to office volunteers as appropriate:
OFFICE MANAGEMENT - Be a welcoming presence to church members and visitors who come to the church. Serve as a liaison among staff, church members, visitors and the pastor. - Schedule, train and supervise office volunteers (from the congregation) who help answer phones and handle other basic office tasks. - Maintain an adequate inventory of office supplies and ensure that office equipment (copiers, computers, etc.) are maintained.
- Prepare the monthly church newsletter (the SteepleTalk) with contributions from staff, session committee moderators, the deacons, and other church members as appropriate. - Post updates to the church website and social media accounts (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). - Help prepare the pastor's weekly email. Administrative Duties - Update the church calendars on the office wall, the church website, in the monthly newsletter and in the pastor's weekly email. - Assist pastor with management of their calendar and appointments and special projects such as the annual congregational meeting. - Maintain an updated church directory and membership records.
- Prepare the church worship bulletin and liturgist materials for weekly worship and other special services (i.e. Ash Wednesday, funerals, etc.). - Maintain the Worship Planning Guide which summarizes at-a-glance the main contents of each worship service in chart format.
- Pay monthly bills and process all vouchers. - Update necessary financial information into the Shelby accounting software and maintain and update checkbook. - Process monthly and quarterly tax summaries and payments. Process end of year tax statements under direction of Treasurer and with other support if needed. - Administer payroll using information provided by the Treasurer.
- Meet with the pastor as specified. - After the first six months of employment, the office manager will meet with the Pastor and Personnel Committee for an informal consultation to discuss how the job is going. After one year, the Pastor and Personnel Committee will conduct a formal performance evaluation. Thereafter, the Pastor and Personnel committee will conduct formal performance evaluations every 18 months, with informal consultations at six month intervals in between evaluations.
VACATION & LEAVE POLICY
- Paid Vacation -- eight (8) paid vacation days annually for the first two (2) years of service, twelve (12) days annually after two (2) years of service, and sixteen(16) annually after seven (7) years of service. New hires are eligible to take their vacation after the first six months of employment. - Sick days - five (5) sick days annually which may accrue up to sixty (60) days maximum. New hires are eligible for paid sick time after the first three months of employment. - Personal days - two (2) personal days annually during the first two (2) years of service, three (3) personal days annually after two (2) years of service, and four (4) personal days after seven (7) years of service. New hires are eligible to take personal days after six months of employment. - There are no other benefits associated with this position.