Intern Architect or Registered ArchitectBG Consultants, Inc.
Intern Architect or Registered Architect
BG Consultants, Inc. is in search of an Intern Architect or Registered Architect to fill the role of Architectural Designer and support the growth of our Architecture studios in our Manhattan and Lawrence, Kansas offices. This position will be ideal for a personable candidate with design experience and strong technical, graphic, and communication skills. The candidate must be strong in creating design concepts and overseeing the development through all design phases. He or she will work well with a design team, individually, and with senior management. Effective presentation of ideas and concepts and client service are critical components to this position.
- Accurately preparing project construction documents-Communicating with and coordinating the preparation of documents with consultants, contractors, and team members
- Documenting code review and compliance-Reviewing shop drawings, project submittals, etc. for document compliance
- Communicating and coordinating with management, clients, consultants and contractors related to daily business operations.
- Supervising various aspects of assigned projects.
- A professional degree in Architecture is required -from entry level to 20+ years of experience
- Proficiency in Sketchup, InDesign, and BIM software preferred-Educational, Healthcare, or Commercial experience a plus-Strong devotion to customer service
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggle and prioritize multiple projects, and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with senior management, external client organizations, and vendors
- Must be quality-minded and self-motivated