COMMERCIAL LOAN SPECIALISTBank of the Prairie
The loan operations department supports the lending teams of Bank of the Prairie. The loan operations specialist performs both pre-closing and post-closing duties for all commercial and consumer loans. Implicit in the job function is being a collaborative team player, a strong relationship with management, customer service, and communications skills.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Each member of the loan operations team will be cross trained for all duties listed below but will not be directly responsible for each task.
- Loan document creation thru LaserPro for both commercial and consumer loans
- Board all new and renewed commercial, consumer and mortgage loans
- Process all loan payments including investor payments/collect fees/process internal transfers/process wire transfers
- Underwrite/process credit card applications. Performs credit card maintenance.
- Complete post booking audit for all loan types
- Balance loan disbursement checking account monthly
- Process loan disbursement checks
- Maintain monthly disbursement log
- Scan all documents to imaging system
- Review various daily, weekly & monthly canned reports and make required adjustments.
- Manage the tickler process for post closing doc exceptions (title, recorded docs, filed UCC’s, etc)
- Insurance tracking (PMI, Flood insurance & forced placed) – maintain updated insurance files for all loans. Contact agent with errors or updates. Check for correct lien holder information and amount of coverage per bank policy. Send delinquent insurance letters of forced placed warning if insurance payment is delinquent. Pay or advace forced placed insurance. Pay monthly PMI, flood and homeowners for escrowed insurance
- Responsible for E-Oscar reporting and updates
- Create and distribute loan operations department reports (Excel)
- Manage real estate tax escrow process, i.e, pay tax bills, send paid tax letters and perform annual ascrow analysis
- Balance escrow checking account monthly
- Prepare and process paid off loans
- Attend all suggested training and/or webinar classes as assigned
- Implements all regulatory requirements that apply to bank employees i.e., Bank Secrecy, Identity Theft, OFAC, Reg P (Privacy Act), Safe Guarding Customer Information. Responsible for implementing compliance regulations related to loan operations. (i.e.Reg Z, Reg X, Reg C, Reg B, FLOOD, etc.). In addition, be familiar with regulations relating to commercial and consumer loans.
- Other duties as directed.
- TO KEEP CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION CONFIDENTIAL.
- To carry out assigned responsibilities with minimal errors.
- To work overtime when necessary to fulfill the job.
- To provide efficient, friendly, professional service to all customers.
- To provide courteous, professional service to all officers and employees, working to build a strong
team atmosphere between all officers, employees and locations.
- To willingly support corporate views, policies and objectives.
- To maintain a professional work environment and business like appearance in accordance with the
- To minimize unplanned leave and tardiness in adherence with the employee manual.
- Prior loan operations experience
- In depth experience with LaserPro or other loan origination document software
- Experience with bank data processing system – Insight Banking System (ASI) or other core system
- Excellent collaboration skills; ability to communicate effectively with all team members and provide
high-quality customer service
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment while delivering highest levels of customer service and accuracy
- Strong technical background with analytical skills, detail orientation, and a proactive problem solving skills are a must
- Strong understanding of loan process for due diligence requirements
- Good working knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Proficient in WORD and EXCEL
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Three to five years experience in loan operations and customer service.
Education: A high school education or GED (college preferred)
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal
contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters
for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
Other Skills: Be able to solve problems and multi-task. Have a proficient knowledge of InSite Banking System (or other core banking system), Aurora Document System (or similar loan document Imaging System) Word and Excel. Ten Key by touch and computer keyboard by touch. Be able to lift 30 lbs. Be able to work Saturdays as needed.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
Email resume to email@example.com