COMMERCIAL LOAN ASSISTANTBank of the Prairie
COMMERCIAL LOAN ASSISTANT
Reports To: CLO, SVP Lending Classification: Exempt
Supervises: Direct: 0 Indirect: 0 Review Date: 08/27/18
Approved By: Chief Lending Officer
Under the direction of the Senior Vice President, Lending or the Chief Lending Officer, Loan Assistant will primarily support commercial lenders by providing customer service, perform loan processing, closing, and follow-up (servicing) responsibilities associated with the Bank’s borrowers in various areas of lending. Incumbents at this level will be able to successfully prepare and follow-up on loan documents in all areas of consumer, real estate and commercial lending as directed by Loan Officers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform full range of duties pertaining to the loan processing / servicing function; Includes gathering pertinent and related documents to processing loan requests
- Provide secretarial support to the Loan Officers and Chief Lending Officer including lobby and phone coverage, email, mail, correspondence to borrowers, participant banks and bank management as needed.
- Prepare Board of Director and Management reports as defined and requested.
- Request from the borrowers financial statements, tax returns, and other financial information as required by the loan documents and the bank’s loan policy. Follow up to ensure receipt of the information requested.
- Review and monitor documentation and financial exceptions for Loan Officers and participant banks.
- Perform a range of duties pertaining to customer service, including but not limited to telephone or written correspondence regarding their deposit or loan accounts held at the bank.
- Process draw requests, track construction costs and make advances for construction loans.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Minimum of three to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and three to five years
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Interpersonal Skills: Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks are required. Good verbal skills as evidenced by the ability to interact over the telephone with customers and co-workers. Computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Office Programs. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Managers, employees, customers and the general public.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
Apply at email@example.com