Grants ManagerAVILA UNIVERSITY
Position: Grants Manager
The Grant Manager is responsible for identifying, developing, writing and editing corporate, foundation and government grants, as well as helping to manage grants post-award to meet Avila University’s fundraising goals.
- Develop, write and edit grant proposals and reports. Submit at least 75 proposals/year, including four federal proposals/year.
- Proactively seek to identify new prospects including corporate, foundation and government sources.
- Manage the entire grant process from pre-proposal concept development to post-award grant management and reporting. This includes identification, research, writing, editing, budget development, submission and reporting. These activities should be done in collaboration with other appropriate University faculty and staff.
- Ensure grant proposals/applications and reports are submitted on time and accurately.
- Work with external fundraising consultants to identify new federal grant opportunities. Serve as the point-of-contact during the grant writing process. Submit four federal grant proposals per year, in collaboration with the consultants and University stakeholders.
- Assist with other writing projects, like case statements, Accent magazine articles, etc., as needed.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree; GPC or CFRE certification preferred.
Experience: Minimum three years of successful documented corporate/foundation fundraising experience, preferably in higher education.
Skills: Must have strong writing, communication and listening skills; pay close attention to detail; manage complex tasks and meet deadlines; and have the ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team. Must be self-motivated and disciplined to achieve goals.
Other: Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends as needed; proficiency with Raiser’s Edge as well as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint a plus. Some travel required.
This is a full-time position, eligible for the usual and customary benefits. Avila University’s comprehensive benefit package includes a generous holiday schedule, tuition remission for employee and dependents, vacation and sick leave, retirement benefits and health insurance.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, résumé and at least three references to email@example.com or mail to:
Office of Human Resources
11901 Wornall Road
Kansas City, Missouri 64145-1698
Kansas City, a two-state metropolitan area with a population of nearly two million, offers a wide variety of cultural, educational and social life opportunities.
Avila University, a Catholic university founded and inspired by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, provides undergraduate and graduate education in the liberal arts and professional studies, preparing lifelong learners who make meaningful contributions to the global community.
Avila University is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of, sex, race, religion, age, color, sexual orientation, disability, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veterans status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.