Director Student Financial AidA.T. Still University of Health Sciences
A.T. Still University of Health Sciences is seeking a Director Student Financial Aid in Enrollment Services; a member of the Enrollment Services Leadership Team. Enrollment Services is in the department of Student Affairs and provides support services to students, faculty, staff, and other constituents in the areas of academic and student financial aid records.
The director promotes awareness to the university regarding financial aid and services available. The individual will assume leadership for enhancing the financial aid functions and leading the development of financial aid incentives for new and current students. The individual will participate in policy development, strategic planning, assessment, and program management. The Director must support a shared governance model, bring a team approach to the position and build a working relationship with all academic and non-academic departments.
Major responsibilities include:
- Manage the daily financial aid operations and organize workflow of office for optimum customer satisfaction and efficiency;
- Supervise and coordinate award processing and packaging all forms of student aid, application of loans, scholarships, or other awards;
- Maintain updated information related to federal and multiple state compliance issues for financial aid, including training of staff and providing guidance and interpretation to others on financial aid regulations;
- Collaborate with other staff in the development and monitoring of processes including student scholarships, work-study, debt counseling initiatives, etc.;
- Coordinate the preparation of statistical reports as needed by both external and internal constituents;
- In collaboration with the Assistant Vice President-Enrollment Services examine current operations to document and/or develop new policies; Advise prospective new and current students with respect to financial aid and financial literacy;
- Serve on various external and internal committees; Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
- Must have a minimum of three years of progressively responsible management and supervision in financial aid.
- An understanding of federal and state regulations governing the awarding of aid is required.
- Experience with relational databases (Campus Nexus) is a plus.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, along with an energetic and positive demeanor.
- Strong computer skills are essential.
- Support of a safe, student-centered learning environment and an appreciation for, and understanding of the ATSU mission is expected.
- A master's degree is preferred.